Coroner: Carbon monoxide killed NE Pa. woman

WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) — A northeastern Pennsylvania coroner says a woman killed in a Wilkes-Barre fire died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Luzerne County Coroner Bill Lisman told the (Wilkes-Barre) Citizens' Voice (http://bit.ly/1h31oab ) that an autopsy Tuesday confirmed the cause of death of 51-year-old Laurie Merritt.

Authorities said Merritt was found unconscious in the attic of the home after flames were reported just before 11:30 p.m. Monday.

The cause of the fire remains under investigation.

___

Information from: The Citizens' Voice, http://www.citizensvoice.com