Wednesday, July 16, 2014
JACOBUS, Pa. (AP) — Authorities in central Pennsylvania say a mother and her teenage son were found dead in their home, possibly of carbon monoxide poisoning due to a car left running in the garage.
York Area Regional Police say a relative found the bodies of the 44-year-old woman and 14-year-old youth in their beds in the Jacobus home on Wednesday morning.
Coroner Pam Gay said the deaths are not considered suspicious. Two dogs were also found dead, one next to each of the victims.
Gay said it appears that the woman accidentally left a vehicle running in the home's attached garage. The names of the victims haven't been released.
Officials said the relative who found the bodies was taken to York Hospital for treatment.